[Buildroot] Status of "mplayer" in buildroot

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Tue Jan 20 11:29:22 UTC 2009

Hi,

 >> Wouldn't -rc2 be such a version?
 >>

 Ulf> "-rc2" is almost as old as "-rc1" and this will not be an update to a
 Ulf> "release".

Well, it's still one year newer than -rc1, and afaik the closest we
have to a release from upstream.

 Ulf> The project only supports svn/git and expects people to download
 Ulf> the latest svn which may or may not break, so I think
 Ulf> our only alternative is to select the latest version, test that
 Ulf> and stay with that until we are forced to switch or decide
 Ulf> we want extra functionality.

Sure, let's do that if needed - But after the release and once HcE
get's his avr32 work integreated.

 Ulf> If the mplayer builds with HCE's patch, then there is no problem
 Ulf> keeping this for the release.

With my patches it does (atleast on powerpc), and according to HcE on
avr32 as well.

Could you give arm a try?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard