[Buildroot] Buildroot compilation blocks on LZO package

Cyril HAENEL chaenel at free.fr
Tue Jan 20 13:35:42 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I try to build a rootfs based on
http://buildroot.uclibc.org/downloads/buildroot-2009.02-rc1.tar.gz

After unpacking, I done make menuconfig and done very small things :

- Put Target Architecture to Arm
- Put Target Architecture variant tp generic_arm
- Put Filesystem for target device to jffs2, and not ext2

After that, a make the build works well until it reach the LZO package.
The configure script blocks on this line :

checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler...

I must stop the build with ctrl-c because it never stops.

I looked in the configure script
(buildroot-2009.02-rc1/build_arm/lzo-2.03/configure), and after some
echo, I found that the script block on lines 5535/5536 :

if { (eval echo "$as_me:$LINENO: \"$ac_compile\"") >&5
  (eval $ac_compile) 2>conftest.er1

Any idea ?

Regards,
Cyril HAENEL