[Buildroot] Some AT91SAM9261-EK Notes

QuickX quickx at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 23 19:38:55 UTC 2009

> Can you  build uclibc-0.9.30 with uclibc-0.9.29.config without
> updating configuration item.
>
> Maybe you can provide a diff between the resulting .config
> and the uclibc-0.9.30.config

I built the project with uClibc-0.9.30 (0.9.29.config), and then build
project with uClibc-0.9.30 (0.9.30.config).  Here are the differences in the
generated "toolchain_build_arm/uClibc-0.9.30/.config"'s.  I TABed the Items
that didn't show up in the counterpart config.

---uClibc 0.9.30 (with 0.9.29.config); Working; Took Default for Questions
Asked During Build---
# FORCE_SHAREABLE_TEXT_SEGMENTS is not set
LDSO_CACHE_SUPPORT=y
	LDSO_BASE_FILENAME="ld.so"
# UNIX98PTY_ONLY is not set
UCLIBC_HAS_GETPT=y
# UCLIBC_USE_NETLINK is not set
UCLIBC_HAS_STRING_GENERIC_OPT=y
UCLIBC_HAS_STRING_ARCH_OPT=y
UCLIBC_HAS_CTYPE_CHECKED=y
# UCLIBC_HAS_CTYPE_ENFORCED is not set
UCLIBC_HAS_STDIO_GETC_MACRO=y
UCLIBC_HAS_STDIO_PUTC_MACRO=y
UCLIBC_HAS_GNU_GETSUBOPT=y
UCLIBC_HAS_REGEX_OLD=y
UCLIBC_HAS_FNMATCH_OLD=y
# UCLIBC_HAS_ARC4RANDOM is not set

---uClibc 0.9.30 (with 0.9.30.config); Not Working; Didn't Ask Any Questions
During Build---
FORCE_SHAREABLE_TEXT_SEGMENTS=y
# LDSO_CACHE_SUPPORT is not set
UNIX98PTY_ONLY=y
# UCLIBC_HAS_GETPT is not set
UCLIBC_USE_NETLINK=y
	UCLIBC_SUPPORT_AI_ADDRCONFIG=y
# UCLIBC_HAS_STRING_GENERIC_OPT is not set
# UCLIBC_HAS_STRING_ARCH_OPT is not set
# UCLIBC_HAS_CTYPE_CHECKED is not set
UCLIBC_HAS_CTYPE_ENFORCED=y
# UCLIBC_HAS_STDIO_GETC_MACRO is not set
# UCLIBC_HAS_STDIO_PUTC_MACRO is not set
# UCLIBC_HAS_GNU_GETSUBOPT is not set
# UCLIBC_HAS_REGEX_OLD is not set
# UCLIBC_HAS_FNMATCH_OLD is not set
UCLIBC_HAS_ARC4RANDOM=y

My guess is that it's the "UCLIBC_USE_NETLINK" option since it looks like
only networky applications are affected (dropbear, samba, etc).  I'm
actually catching a plane in 8 hours and will be gone for a week, however, I
can try to test the options one by one if you can't tell what it is from
just the diff.

I also attached both the generated config files if they are helpful.  I
wasn't too sure what "without updating configuration items" meant, is it an
option somewhere?