[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/package/ncurses

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sun Jan 25 20:56:56 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Thomas" == Thomas Lundquist <lists at zelow.no> writes:

 Thomas> On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 07:33:05AM +0100, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

 >> That looks odd. Why not simply always install the development stuff to
 >> target, and simply rely on the BR2_HAVE_DEVFILES setting to clean it
 >> up if it isn't desired?

 Thomas> I have to admit I'm a bit sceptic to this. It presumes that
 Thomas> the install scripts behave and we're able to get rid of all
 Thomas> overhead when we want to.

True, but we do that already to a certain extent (E.G. the
Makefile.autotools.in stuff using make install-exec / install-strip),
and we've had (have?) quite some bugs with packages not installing the
same with install-strip versus install-exec or not picking up the
correct strip program and/or arguments.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard