[Buildroot] meaning of BR2_arm_dunno

Sven Neumann s.neumann at phase-zero.de
Thu Jan 29 16:11:03 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 16:46 +0100, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

>         default apcs-gnu        if BR2_ARM_OABI
>         default atpcs           if BR2_arm_dunno
>         default aapcs           if BR2_arm_dunno
>         default aapcs-linux     if BR2_ARM_EABI

That looks more reasonable to me and it is in line with what was
suggested on the linux-arm-kernel mailing-list, see
http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/lurker/message/20090124.152540.2d9a4947.en.html

As you can see from the linked thread, the compiler we ended up with
works nicely for userspace, but it cannot be used to build a kernel. It
may be a good idea to set BR2_GCC_TARGET_ABI to aapcs-linux even if
BR2_iwmmxt is selected.

> Could you give it a try with those 2 lines changed?

What exactly do you want me to try? I guess I would have to remove
my .config and go thru menuconfig, select ARM iwmmxt and then check what
gets sets for BR2_GCC_TARGET_TUNE, BR2_GCC_TARGET_ARCH and
BR2_GCC_TARGET_ABI? Is that correct?

Sven