[Buildroot] target/device/Atmel kernel patches

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Jan 29 19:04:15 UTC 2009

 >> No, but we're doing a bunch of cleanups now - And as I mentioned before,
 >> the arch-arm directory seems a bit extreme as it is.

 Ulf> I much prefer that we avoid doing this under time pressure
 Ulf> and come to an agreememt on how to do a good implementation
 Ulf> after the first release.

Ok, but I guess we can atleast remove the support for 2.6.21.1 (as
there's 2.6.21.5) and 2.6.26-rc3 (as there's 2.6.26) ?

 >> I don't think adding a bunch of special case handling to buildroot to
 >> download AT91 patches from somewhere is a better solution. We should
 >> rather generalize the setup so you can handle it outside BR and just
 >> point BR to a repo or a directory full of patches.
 >>

 Ulf> I am for generic solutions, but not at the expense of ease of use.
 Ulf> That is why it needs some pondering, before a solution is selected.

I'm not for ease of use over everything else, it also has to be
manageable for the developers - But yes, the easier we can make it to
use at the same time, the better.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard