[Buildroot] meaning of BR2_arm_dunno

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Fri Jan 30 11:28:52 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Sven" == Sven Neumann <s.neumann at phase-zero.de> writes:

 Sven> Hi,
 Sven> On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 11:23 +0100, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

 Sven> BR2_GCC_TARGET_ABI="aapcs" seems to be accepted. I will try to compile
 Sven> my tree with this option now and also check if I can build a recent
 Sven> kernel using the compiler that results from this build...

 >> Ok, thanks, otherwise I'll take the gcc patch so aapcs-linux works.

 Sven> I've successfully built the system, booted it and run some tests. I also
 Sven> verified that I can build 2.6.29-rc3 using the kernel created by this
 Sven> build. Attached is a patch with the change.

Thanks, but I think the correct thing is to use aapcs-linux (E.G. so
it also works with older toolchains), and patch gcc 4.3.2 to accept
that (like Bernhard already did).

I've checked in that patch already and will fix up the stuff in
Config.in.arch now.

Thanks for testing it.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard