[Buildroot] Atmel specific handling in buildroot

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Fri Jan 30 19:33:07 UTC 2009

Hi,

Why is it again we have special handling of Atmel targets?

git grep -B2 'default.*if BR2_TARGET_ATMEL'        ~/source/buildroot
target/Config.in-choice
target/Config.in-       prompt "Kernel type"
target/Config.in:       default BR2_KERNEL_LINUX_ADVANCED if BR2_TARGET_ATMEL
target/device/Config.in.linux.patches-  depends on !BR2_KERNEL_PREPATCHED
target/device/Config.in.linux.patches-  default y if BR2_avr32
target/device/Config.in.linux.patches:  default y if BR2_TARGET_ATMEL && BR2_arm
--
target/linux/Config.in.advanced-config BR2_LINUX_COPYTO_TFTPBOOT
target/linux/Config.in.advanced-        bool "Copy kernel to /tftpboot"

Do we really need that? It would imho be a lot more sensible if BR
behaved the same way for all archs.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard