[Buildroot] [git commit] Fix memstat's install

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Jul 22 06:01:12 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Bernhard" == Bernhard Reutner-Fischer <rep.dot.nop at gmail.com> writes:

Hi,

 Bernhard> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 10:05:15PM +0200, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

 >> A bit more detailed changelog would be good.

 Bernhard> Well, it does just that: Fix memstat's install stage (aka PR473) :)

For ancient versions of install. I would have preferred a commit
message like:

memstat: workaround issue with older versions of 'install'

Closes #473

Older versions of GNU install have issues with install -D <file>
instead.

And a corresponding addition to CHANGES

 Bernhard> $(MEMSTAT_DIR)/memstat: $(MEMSTAT_DIR)/.configured
 Bernhard> -	$(TARGET_CC) $(TARGET_CFLAGS) $(TARGET_LDFLAGS) $(@D)/memstat.c -o $@
 Bernhard> +	$(TARGET_CC) $(TARGET_CFLAGS) $(TARGET_LDFLAGS) \
 Bernhard> +		$(CFLAGS_WHOLE_PROGRAM) $(@D)/memstat.c -o $@

 >> What is this WHOLE_PROGRAM thing?

 Bernhard> gcc --help=optimizers | grep whole-program

Yes, I know the -fwhole-program option, but why is this just not
included in TARGET_CFLAGS?

 >> Please post patches to the list before committing, thanks.

 Bernhard> I accidentally committed it to the wrong repo, my apologies.

Ahh, ok - May I suggest you clone the official repo with git://
instead of ssh:// to not do that mistake in the future?

Thanks.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard