[Buildroot] [git commit] linux26: do not set CFLAGS_KERNEL to TARGET_CFLAGS

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Jul 22 21:24:15 UTC 2009

Le Wed, 22 Jul 2009 22:43:51 +0200,
Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at sunsite.dk> a écrit :

> Using TARGET_CFLAGS breaks the kernel build for the arm platform. The
> result is a kernel that can not be booted. So simply do not fiddle
> with the CFLAGS on a kernel build and the kernel build system will do
> the right thing (TM).

I'm not using Buildroot to build kernels, so I'm not sure, but I think
that this commit might break the kernel build with external toolchain.
With external toolchain, the --sysroot option must be passed to allow
gcc to find the headers and libraries. And the --sysroot option is
precisely inside $(TARGET_CFLAGS).

But:
 1. I'm not sure it actually breaks the build, it's a pure supposition
    that will have to be verified ;
 2. We can add the necessary code in the kernel specific Makefile to
    handle that particular situation.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.