[Buildroot] Write Access to buildroot?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Jul 24 13:24:48 UTC 2009

[ Keeping the list in Cc: since these things should probably be
  discussed publicly. ]

Le Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:37:01 +0200,
Ulf Samuelsson <ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com> a écrit :

> With read access only, allowing you to make your own tree from the
> main tree.
> If you want to share your stuff, before committing to the main tree,
> you have to do it outside the buildroot world.
> Am I missing something?

Yes you're missing something.

Look at http://git.buildroot.net/

You have a link to the official Buildroot Git tree, browsable at
http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/. This Git tree is read-only, except
for Peter.

But at the bottom of the page, you have « User repositories ». These
are read/write for their owner. For example, mine is
http://git.buildroot.net/~tpetazzoni/git/buildroot/. In my own
repository, I have a master branch which is just a clone of the main
Buildroot repository. And all the other branches (presently
directfb-bump, ext-toolchain-target-path, external-toolchain,
kconfig-update and xorg) contain my *own* work, ready for submission to
Peter. And some of this work has actually already been integrated in
mainline (branches directfb-bump, ext-toolchain-target-path and
external-toolchain).

The link
http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2009-March/026875.html
that I've already posted explains how to use these user repositories,
that *are read/write.

Does that clarify the situation ?

Sincerly,

Thomas