[Buildroot] [git commit] CHANGES: add #163 + #473

Marc Gauthier marc at tensilica.com
Fri Jul 24 13:51:59 UTC 2009

Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Ok, fair enough. Reading the patches again, they don't look too
> invasive after all.
>
> I'm concerned by the licensing of
> target/xtensa/xt-buildroot-overlay-install, since this file states:
>
> +# Copyright (c) 2003-2008 by Tensilica Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
> +# These coded instructions, statements, and computer programs are the
> +# copyrighted works and confidential proprietary information
> of Tensilica Inc.
> +# They may not be modified, copied, reproduced, distributed,
> or disclosed to
> +# third parties in any manner, medium, or form, in whole or
> in part, without
> +# the prior written consent of Tensilica Inc.

Oops, that license is meant for internal/commercial things,
not for open source obviously.  The file started out outside
buildroot, and I didn't notice when putting it in.

You can certainly take it out other than the copyright line.
Do you want a patch for that?

> BTW, was Perl already a host dependency to run Buildroot ?

That script is not necessary to run buildroot.  It's only
useful when installing a new Xtensa processor configuration
into the buildroot sources.

Otherwise I don't think the Xtensa port has introduced any
perl dependency, although I can live with such a dependency
limited to the Xtensa arch.

Thanks!
-Marc