[Buildroot] Can't debug threaded app on ARM920 (SIG32)

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Jun 23 18:58:34 UTC 2009

Le Tue, 23 Jun 2009 18:19:14 +0000 (UTC),
Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> a écrit :

> > I'm trying to debug a threaded application using gdbserver on
> > an ARM920T platform (Atmel AT91RM9200 eval board), and I'm not
> > having much luck.  Whenver a new thread is started, I see a
> > SIG32:
>
> Gdb 6.8 is broken for ARM targets.  6.7.1 works fine.

I was also having an issue with gdb 6.8 on ARM targets, with an error
message saying «register no longer active». It is fixed by
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/devel/gdb/gdb-6.8-bz436037-reg-no-longer-active.patch?revision=1.1

Not sure it is your problem, though.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.