[Buildroot] Sending Patches, Updates Etc.

Darcy Watkins DWatkins at tranzeo.com
Tue Mar 3 17:10:12 UTC 2009

Hello,

Someone please advise me regarding the preferred approach, guidelines,
etc. to submitting changes, updates, etc.  Many months back, I submitted
a patch to mkcramfs and it never made it in.  I'd like to resubmit it
and other changes for consideration.  Also, I have modified the
menuconfig/config utility so that the "source" command's filespec uses
'glob' to handle wildcards, e.g. like...

  source "package/*/Config.in"

...and I have a few other ideas, I'd like to discuss in relation to
this.

Do I need to open a bug report first, then submit a patch?

Has anyone considered setting up a patchwork web for buildroot, uclibc
and busybox projects?

Regards,

Darcy