[Buildroot] socket(PF_FILE, SOCK_STREAM, 0) not implemented

Karl Krach mailinglists at blueSpirit.la
Mon Mar 9 17:18:51 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have a handheld device with kernel 2.4.19 and am working with qt 3.3, gcc
version 2.95 and glibc.

For evaluation purposes I try to get the latest Qt version (4.5.0) running. So
i need the uClibc 0.9.29 or greater and the gcc with at least version 4.0.1.

I have downloaded the latest buildroot sources from svn (gcc 4.3.3, uClibc
0.9.30), compiled qt and created a chroot on my board. I ve also mounted /proc
and /dev. But when using sockets (e.g. for qt's QWS), I get the error
"Function not implemented":

brk(0x137f4)                    = 0x137f4
brk(0x14000)                    = 0x14000
socket(PF_FILE, SOCK_STREAM, 0) = -1 ENOSYS (Function not implemented)
stat64("/root/Settings/Trolltech.conf", 0xbffff2d8) = -1 ENOENT

With my old environment (gcc 2.95 and glibc) the same test code is working
without problems.

When checking the uClibc code, I got stuck at a _syscall2. Do I have
incompatibilities between the uClibc and my kernel? Is my chroot not right
configured?

Thank a lot,

Charly