[Buildroot] Question about Buildroot concepts and strategies

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Mar 9 20:09:34 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Maxim" == Maxim Grigoriev <maxim at tensilica.com> writes:

 Maxim> Hello Peter and BUILDROOT maintainers,
 Maxim> I understand you are busy individuals, and I'm sorry
 Maxim> for bothering you. An excuse could be I'm trying to
 Maxim> understand what BUILDROOT project is all about. Is it
 Maxim> similar to other open source projects or somewhat different ?

It's similar to the other source based embedded rootfs projects
(Openembedded, ptxdist, openwrt, ..). We do have a bit more focus on
busybox/uclibc than the others because of our tighter connection to
those projects.

 Maxim> Are BUILDROOT maintainers interested in adding new
 Maxim> architectures to the project ?

Yes, if someone is willing to keep it working.

Thanks for adding the bug report, I will get around to looking at it
soonish.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard