[Buildroot] Use of buildroot in an embedded linux project

Hichem Boussetta boussettahichem at yahoo.fr
Mon Mar 16 13:06:44 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

I am working on a project about building embedded linux systems, and I
have to choose between many tools that generate cross gnu toolchains and
root filesystem (buildroot, scratchbox, ELDK...). So, it would be
grateful if someone could tell me about the advantages of using
buildroot and about its limitations, because I heard that we found some
difficulties to cross compile certain packages, like Kerberos5.

Any comment is welcome.
Thanks.

--
Hichem.