[Buildroot] Buildroot presentation at Embedded Linux Conference 2009

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Mar 20 09:37:51 UTC 2009

Hi,

Even though I'm by far not the most active developer of Buildroot, I
thought that the recent revival of the project was an interesting
opportunity to promote the project. So, I've submitted a presentation
for the Embedded Linux Conference [1], that will be held from April, 6th to
April, 8th in San Francisco, US and this presentation has been accepted
[2].

I will both present why systems like Buildroot are necessary
(cross-compilation is painful, sharing recipes is nice, and having an
automated and reproducible build systems is a must) and then how
Buildroot fill these needs, how it works and how it can be extended.

I'll try to share my slides prior to the conference so that the
Buildroot community can help in improving the presentation so that the
project will be promoted as best as possible.

Sincerly,

Thomas

[1] http://www.embeddedlinuxconference.com/elc_2009/index.html
[2] http://www.embeddedlinuxconference.com/elc_2009/sessions.html#Petazzoni