[Buildroot] Build fails with external toolchain (sysroots error)

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Mar 25 10:24:30 UTC 2009

Le Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:26:19 -0400,
Daniel Jabbour <daniel at laptouchinc.com> a écrit :

> How can I resolve this issue? From my understanding, it seems like
> the sysroots flag is unsupported in my toolchain.

Right.

> Can buildroot work without this option?

As it works today, no. Only sysroot-able toolchains can be used as
external toolchains. The external toolchain support has followed quite
a few variations until we settled on the --sysroot solution, which is
the one that works, on the condition that sysroot is supported by the
toolchain. We had issues with other approaches (based on
--rpath-link).

I'm not sure what to do with this request :

 *) Say that we officially only support sysroot-able toolchains ;

 *) Work more on the --rpath-link issues, and try to find
    solutions to them (if they ever exist)

Sincerly,

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.