[Buildroot] svn commit: [25827] trunk/buildroot/package/automake

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Mar 26 20:45:36 UTC 2009

Hi,

 Thomas> At least, my (maybe incorrect) change fixes the issue I reported in
 Thomas> the mail titled "Bug while autoreconfiguring tslib", sent today. But
 Thomas> maybe the correct fix is something like

 Thomas> - AUTORECONF=$(HOST_CONFIGURE_OPTS) ACLOCAL="$(ACLOCAL)" $(HOST_DIR)/usr/bin/autoreconf -v -f -i -I "$(ACLOCAL_DIR)"
 Thomas> + AUTORECONF=$(HOST_CONFIGURE_OPTS) ACLOCAL="$(ACLOCAL)" $(HOST_DIR)/usr/bin/autoreconf -v -f -i -I "$(HOST_ACLOCAL_DIR)"

I think the best/simplest solution is to just copy the aclocal files
of the cross tools (pkgconfig +auto*) from HOST_DIR to STAGING_DIR and
point ACLOCAL_DIR to STAGING_DIR - I'll give it a test.

 Thomas> BTW, could you remind me why we need to compile all these tools for the
 Thomas> host (pkg-config, automake, autoconf). Couldn't they be dependencies of
 Thomas> Buildroot ?

pkg-config to make it look in staging_dir and not the host directory,
and the auto* stuff simply because of the exact version dependencies
(E.G. certain stuff works with 2.61 and not with 2.63 or the other
way, so it keeps us a bit more sane to know that everyone uses the
same version).

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard