[Buildroot] Buildroot logo

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sun Mar 29 19:33:51 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Roeland" == Roeland Van Praet <roelvp at mind.be> writes:

 Roeland> Hi,

 Roeland> Just my 2 cents: I like the logo a lot and I think it's a
 Roeland> very good idea to have an own logo of Buildroot.

Thanks.

 Roeland> Now I'm wondering if it is possible to put this logo on the
 Roeland> website of the company I work for?  We use a lot of
 Roeland> technologies, including Buildroot, which we promote on the
 Roeland> website.  Since our core bussiness is consultancy in free
 Roeland> and open source software, Buildroot is an often used
 Roeland> solution.

 Roeland> Do you agree with this? Do you think the logo is in a final
 Roeland> state or not?  And if the logo changes, will the URL
 Roeland> eventually be the same as it is now?

Yes, that should be fine, as long as BR isn't misrepresented. I
haven't heard any big criticism of the logo, so I think you can
consider it pretty much final. The idea is to keep the URL constant.

I guess we should come up with a license for the logo, like creative
commons attribute or the Debian logo license which goes:

Copyright (c) 1999 Software in the Public Interest this logo or a
modified version may be used by anyone to refer to the Debian project,
but does not indicate endorsement by the project.

That seems directly transferable to buildroot - What does the rest of
you say?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard