[Buildroot] [GIT PULL] avr32 updates

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Fri May 8 07:59:37 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 4:13 AM, Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org> wrote:

>  Thiago> Hi Peter,
>  Thiago>     I'm newbie with this git thing, so please bear with me...
>
>  Thiago>     Please pull git clone git://git.buildroot.net/~correa/git/buildroot.git for:
>
>  Thiago>  * Update Linux Advanced to 2.6.29.2 - this fixes iptables compile
>  Thiago>  * Add dl folder to gitignore
>  Thiago>  * Update atngw100_defconfig
>
> I had a quick look, and it basically looks good, but there's a few
> things I would like you to fix:
>
> - Please sign off on your fixes (git commit -s)

Can this be done easily after it has been commited? Since I had setup
my name and address, I had hopes that it would do it automagically.

> - Don't commit unrelated things together (Linux advanced together with
>  atngw100 defconfig)

Ok.

> - What do you mean with 'this fixes iptables compile'? What does the
>  kernel has to do with iptables compilation?

Something is wrong in the kernel headers in previous versions.
Something in byteorder.h prevended it from building earlier.

> You are welcome to put the fixes for 2009.05 in a seperate branch
> (upstream, stable or whatever) if that's easier for you to keep it
> seperate for new feature development while we're stabilizing for the
> release. I might create a 'next' branch for new stuff.

I thought of using master for current and 2009.07 for next. But I
could use a suggestion anyway.

About the .gitignore, I didn't base it from a patch, I actually added
it myself because git was always complaining about it and I had to do
git commit -m "" -a
But feel free to apply a previous patch that does the same. I still
haven't figured out how to do git am stuff :D

Btw, how does one get those nice summaries like this ?
http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/4/4/40

Kind Regards,
   Thiago A. Correa