[Buildroot] Kernelmessage during boot: "VFS: Mounted root (ext3 filesystem) readonly on device 3:1."

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Tue May 19 07:40:58 UTC 2009

>>>>> "xoro" == xoro  <xoro at gmx.eu> writes:

 xoro> Hi,
 xoro> I'am testing the buildroot system I created with VirtualBox.
 xoro> I used the build-ext3-script to create a harddisk image that I converted
 xoro> using qemu-img and VBoxManage.

 xoro> During the startup I always get the following kernel message:
 xoro> VFS: Mounted root (ext3 filesystem) readonly on device 3:1.

 xoro> I was already looking in the buildroot configuration but I couldn't find
 xoro> any option to set if the filesystem is read-only or writeable.

 xoro> Is the filesystem made writeable by the buildroot, busybox or the linux
 xoro> configuration?
 xoro> Where can I make the filesystem writeable?

Make sure you have 'rw' on your kernel cmdline in qemu.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard