[Buildroot] hang generating DSA keys

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sun May 24 07:21:25 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Bare <chris at bareflix.com> writes:

 Chris> Generating DSA Key...
 Chris> THIS CAN TAKE A MINUTE OR TWO DEPENDING ON YOUR PROCESSOR!

 Chris> Generating public/private dsa key pair.

 Chris> I let it sit overnight and it never finished. I remember
 Chris> seeing some mention of this being an entropy problem. I tried
 Chris> pinging the board, but that didn't seem to help.

 Chris> Any idea why this would suddenly start with the same basic
 Chris> setup that worked before?  How do I get it to finish
 Chris> generating the key?

Sounds odd - Could you add strace and check what it's busy doing?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard