[Buildroot] kernel module dir following move to git

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu May 28 11:18:56 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Will" == Will Wagner <will_wagner at carallon.com> writes:

Hi,

 Will> Think I have worked this out now. It is because I have
 Will> CONFIG_LOCALVERSION_AUTO=y set in my kernel config file. Still seems
 Will> odd that it is finding buildroot git rather than a kernel git but
 Will> think I can fix it now.

Well, it's because the kernel's scripts/setlocalversion checks if your
kernel is in a git repo (which it technically is if you build in the
tree and have buildroot from git).

Another workaround is to simply build out of tree (make O=<somewhere>)

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard