[Buildroot] make saveconfig ?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Nov 12 07:50:15 UTC 2009

Hi Kelvin,

Please do not reply to me directly, but to the list instead.

Le Thu, 12 Nov 2009 12:17:29 +0800,
Kelvin Cheung <keguang.zhang at gmail.com> a écrit :

> I agree with sagaert.
>
> After the board support was added, we need to change and save the
> default configs sometimes. This could be achieved by the command
> below.
>
>     make BUILDROOT_LOCAL=target/device/yourcompany saveconfig
>
> So, I think the 'make saveconfig' is still necessary. Could you
> reserve it ?

When saveconfig is used this way, it makes sense to re-add it, that's
right. It could be something like:

 make BOARD=yourcompany/yourboard saveboardconfig

Which would save: kernel configuration, uclibc configuration, busybox
configuration, u-boot configuration to
target/device/yourcompany/yourboard.

Would this fit your needs ?

Sincerly,