[Buildroot] Creating a filesystem for QEMU

Chris Packham judge.packham at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 15:14:59 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Bogdan Cristea <cristeab at gmail.com> wrote:

> when using your .config file my compilation fails due to a missing patch file
> mpfr-2.4.1.patch. What is the role of that patch ?

mpfr is used when generating gcc with floating point support. Its not
something I've added locally.

My buildroot repository is based off the commit id 5e5f3209f which has
got numerous changes since the 2009.08 release (including some in
mpfr). If you do want to persue using my config you may want to get
fresh git clone and seek to the same point as me. i.e.

   git clone  http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot
   cd buildroot
   git checkout -b test 5e5f3209f

Failing that maybe you just want to compare your config to mine and
see if you have a bunch of extra packages that are causing your target
file system to be so big.