[Buildroot] Problem using net-snmp and Buildroot

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Nov 26 15:34:14 UTC 2009

Hi,

 >> If not, it sounds like something goes wrong with the openssl
 >> compilation and something gets confused about host/target.
 >>
 >> I haven't been able to reproduce it with your config, but I'm on a
 >> x86-64 host, so that might be why - Sorry, I don't have any 32bit
 >> PCs any more.

 Michael> Sure you do, it is hidden inside of your x86_64 box.  ;)

 Michael> Install the Linux-Vserver patch, set the option to emulate 32bit
 Michael> in your kernel config, build and boot kernel, install your choice
 Michael> of 32bit distributions in an ARCH=x86 guest context.

 Michael> I currently run Gentoo-32bit, Debian-32bit, Ubuntu-32bit on my
 Michael> x86-64 box (all at the same time). It is a Core2Quad box.
 Michael> Ah, yes, I also run the same threesum in 64bit also at the same time.

Sure, or just powering up a kvm instance. I'm not saying it cannot be
done, it will just take me longer than the spare time I have today to
do a 32bit install with the dependencies and do a rebuild.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard