[Buildroot] BB update Was: Build jobbing

Michael S. Zick minimod at morethan.org
Sun Nov 29 09:31:01 UTC 2009

On Sun November 29 2009, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Michael> Well, then the text in the menu must be mis-leading. . .
>  Michael> it must be refering to generation/use of setjmp/longjmp
>  Michael> somewhere other than in the target applications compiled.
>
> config BR2_GCC_USE_SJLJ_EXCEPTIONS
>         bool "Enable setjmp/longjmp exceptions?"
>         help
>           For some platforms, the

            internal

>           stack unwinding

            that gcc generates for stack traces and debugging info

>           works perfectly,
>           while other platforms must use setjmp/longjmp exceptions for
>           proper stack unwinding during exception handling.

            This does not effect the use of setjmp/longjmp in applications
            compiled by gcc.

>           Most people can leave this set to n.
>
> That's imho fairly clearly not about basic setjmp/longjmp support.

Only when you are thinking about building a compiler, but if instead you
happen to be an applications programmer, who doesn't know or care how
the compiler works internally...

I only now recognize why it seems clear to you - because I did live
on the gcc list once upon a time - not all of the buildroot users
have that background.

>  Michael> The most recent build has the option enabled, will see if
>  Michael> it makes a difference.
>
>  Michael> I did not test yesterday's build because of local work rules:
>  Michael> 1) No shift longer than 18 hours;
>  Michael> 2) A minimum of 4 hours off between shifts.
>
> ;)

Mike