[Buildroot] buildroot problem

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Fri Oct 2 07:13:19 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Carl" == Heyendal, Carl <CHeyendal at stanleyworks.com> writes:

Hi,

Please send buildroot questions to the buildroot list
(buildroot at uclibc.org) and not directly to me, thanks.

 Carl> I spotted your name in the patch that failed below. Would you be
 Carl> able to tell me how to fix the problem. I'm pretty much a newbie
 Carl> to Buildroot. (and embedded Linux)

 Carl> thanks in advance.
 Carl> /carl h.

 Carl> makeinfo installed:      FALSE

 Carl> Most likely some packages will fail to build their documentation
 Carl> Either install 'makeinfo' on your host or fix the respective packages.
 Carl> Makeinfo can usually be found in the texinfo package for your host.
 Carl> Build system dependencies:   Ok

Please install makeinfo, so you won't get into trouble later.

 Carl> rm -rf /home/heyendal/buildroot/output/build/buildroot-config
 Carl> mkdir -p /home/heyendal/buildroot/output/build
 Carl> cp -dpRf package/config/buildroot-config /home/heyendal/buildroot/output/build/
 Carl> buildroot-config
 Carl> toolchain/patch-kernel.sh /home/heyendal/buildroot/output/toolchain/
 Carl> uClibc-0.9.30.1 toolchain/uClibc/ \
 Carl>   uClibc-0.9.30.1-\*.patch \
 Carl>   uClibc-0.9.30.1-\*.patch.arm

 Carl> Applying uClibc-0.9.30.1-64bit-strtouq.patch using plaintext:
 Carl> toolchain/patch-kernel.sh: line 52: patch: command not found

You don't have the program 'patch' installed, which is needed by
buildroot - Please install it.

I've updated the dependencies check in git to also check for patch.

 Carl> Patch failed!  Please fix uClibc-0.9.30.1-64bit-strtouq.patch!
 Carl> make: *** [/home/heyendal/buildroot/output/toolchain/uClibc-0.9.30.1/.patched]
 Carl> Error 1

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard