[Buildroot] [git commit master] buildroot; move defconfigs to configs/ and print in help

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Oct 5 06:48:45 UTC 2009

Le Sun, 4 Oct 2009 22:20:28 +0200,
Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at sunsite.dk> a écrit :

> As discussed earlier on the mailing list. It simplifies code, gives
> more sensible error message on typos and makes the defconfigs easier
> to find for users.

I have to say I'm not necessarly a big fan of this change. The
_defconfig files used to be stored together with the kernel
configuration, busybox configuration, uClibc configuration and target
skeleton specific to a target (in target/device/<vendor>/<board>).

Now, the _defconfig files are in a separate location, which makes it
slightly less logical/easy for people to add new targets.

Cheers!

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.