[Buildroot] [git commit master] buildroot; move defconfigs to configs/ and print in help

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Oct 5 07:09:29 UTC 2009

Hi,

 >> As discussed earlier on the mailing list. It simplifies code, gives
 >> more sensible error message on typos and makes the defconfigs easier
 >> to find for users.

 Thomas> I have to say I'm not necessarly a big fan of this change. The
 Thomas> _defconfig files used to be stored together with the kernel
 Thomas> configuration, busybox configuration, uClibc configuration and target
 Thomas> skeleton specific to a target (in target/device/<vendor>/<board>).

 Thomas> Now, the _defconfig files are in a separate location, which makes it
 Thomas> slightly less logical/easy for people to add new targets.

True - This change makes it slightly harder for developers, but easier
for users to find (and for us to do a test build of all defconfigs prior
to release).

The stuff in target/device/ tends to get stale over time, so a bit more
visibility is imho good.

I obviously like it, and I never had any comments when I proposed it
back in September:

http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2009-September/029269.html

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard