[Buildroot] relocation R_MIPS_HI16 against `_gp' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Fri Oct 16 07:49:26 UTC 2009

>>>>> "中原" == 中原 張 <tnndclub at yahoo.com.tw> writes:

Hi,

 中原> After trying to use the toolchain to compile a package, I
 中原> encounter the following error at link time.  mips-linux-ld:
 中原> init_mips.o: relocation R_MIPS_HI16 against `_gp' can not be used
 中原> when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC init_mips.o:
 中原> could not read symbols: Bad value

 中原> Does any one know how to solve this problem?

What package is this?

 中原> This package could be compiled and linked well by using the
 中原> toolchain generated from buildroot-200807 release with gcc-4.2.4,
 中原> binutils-2.18, uClibc-0.9.29 and

200807 release? We didn't have a release called that. Do you mean a svn
snapshot from that day?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard