[Buildroot] perl depends miniperl

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Oct 22 20:30:25 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Constable <markc at renta.net> writes:

 Mark> In the pursuit of a usable ar I thought I'd select Target options

For an ar with write support, you probably need binutils/gcc on the
target.

 Mark> -> Generic development system and see what happens but it stopped
 Mark> at this point where, I presume, building perl requires
 Mark> ../../miniperl.

Our perl is miniperl, so there must be something broken in the miniperl
package.

 Mark> Any suggestion how to work around this one?

 Mark> I really do not want perl at all. Certainly not on the target.

Then don't enable it ;)

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard