[Buildroot] perl depends miniperl

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Fri Oct 23 07:41:34 UTC 2009

Hi,

 >> Our perl is miniperl, so there must be something broken in the
 >> miniperl package.

 Mark> I wish I could submit a fix but I think it'll take me months to
 Mark> get a good handle on buildroot and the use of Makefiles.

I'll take a look at it again next week.

 Mark> I really do not want perl at all. Certainly not on the target.

 >> Then don't enable it ;)

 Mark> Unfortunately (for me) selecting the general devel install auto
 Mark> selects autoconf which in turn auto selects miniperl.

Ok, but there's nothing magic about the general devel thing. It's just a
handy way to select a certain subset of packages. If you don't want all
the packages of that subset, then just disable the devel thing and only
select the stuff you want.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard