[Buildroot] Autoconf still not building (M4 ) results

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sat Oct 24 18:14:50 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Sagaert" == Sagaert Johan <sagaert.johan at skynet.be> writes:

 Sagaert> Peter

 Sagaert> ./output/host/usr/bin/m4 -F conftest.m4f </dev/null

 Sagaert> Produces a file (see attachement ) and does not complain on the console.

 Sagaert> This
 Sagaert> echo 'changequote(<,>)indir(<ifdef>,mac,bug)patsubst(a,\(b\)\|\(a\),\1)dnl'
 Sagaert> |\
 Sagaert>  output/host/usr/bin/m4 --trace=mac

 Sagaert> Does not output anything on the console

OK, that all looks normal. This is getting strange - To summarize:

- Fails on Ubuntu (what version?), but not on Debian
- M4 check fails on autoconf2.64, works on 2.63 - But the M4 check is
  almost completely the same for the two versions
- The two tests done by the configure script succeeds when run by hand

Does it also fail if you prepend output/host/bin:output/host/usr/bin to
the path before running configure by hand (E.G. a setup very close to
how it's done in buildroot)?

It's hard for me to debug it here as I cannot reproduce it. It would be
very helpful if you could add a few debug echo lines to ./configure
around line 2356, so we can see what's going on.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard