[Buildroot] Nano runtime error

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sat Oct 24 18:31:17 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Dan" == Dan Pattison <dan.pattison at ethertek.ca> writes:

 Dan> Hello Peter,

Hi,

Please don't mail me directly - That's what we have the mailing list
for.

 Dan> I asked my question on the mailing list but did not receive a
 Dan> reply.

You are too impatient - This is no commercial support system, you only
sent you mail yesterday.

 Dan> Could you please send me the nano binary file compiled for
 Dan> ATMEL ARM AT91SAMG20. I am having problems making mine work on my ARM
 Dan> hardware.

No I cannot. I don't have a rootfs with nano at hand, and even if I did,
the result would presumably be the same.

 Dan> I would like to know if there is a problem with my development
 Dan> environment, or if it is a nano compiling issue. I keep getting
 Dan> the error nano: can't resolve symbol '__ctype_b' when running nano
 Dan> on our hardware.

Have you tried debugging it? Do your C library have a __ctype_b symbol?
>From a quick google search there seem(ed) to be some issues with
__ctype_b and uclibc with locales enabled - Do you have locales enabled?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard