[Buildroot] [RFC] Don't hide all editors in menuconfig

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sun Oct 25 20:33:58 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Julien" == Julien Boibessot <julien.boibessot at free.fr> writes:

 Julien> Hi,
 Julien> I probably misunderstood the use of BR2_PACKAGE_BUSYBOX_SHOW_OTHERS but
 Julien> I'm in a case where I have to hide packages provided by Busybox and use
 Julien> Nano as editor.

The SHOW_OTHERS toggle (and the HIDE_OTHERS we had earlier), was to make
it easier for users by hiding packages that have "equivalent" busybox
applets - Normally the busybox applets are smaller and more often used
(and hence better tested) in buildroot.

But I agree, that calling the busybox vi implementation equivalent to
all the editors we have is probably a bit of a stretch ..

So, committed - Thanks!

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard