[Buildroot] busybox question

Roman Chertov rchertov at cs.ucsb.edu
Wed Oct 28 20:51:31 UTC 2009

Peter Korsgaard wrote:

>  Roman> Emmanuel,
>  Roman> I have created a tar fs and then untarred as root so that mknod would
>  Roman> work properly.  I have then rebooted the board and pointed it to the new
>  Roman> file system.  I get the uClibc prompt, but I can't log in.
>
> With uclibc prompt I guess you mean login prompt, right? What happens if
> you try to login as root?

I can't type anything over the serial so I can't log in.  This is what I
see though:

Freeing init memory: 120K

Welcome to Buildroot
uclibc login:

> Do you get a shell if you boot with init=/bin/sh?

I am going to try that in a few.

> Have you verified that you have softfloat enabled like I asked yesterday?

I do not have softfloat enabled.  Do I also need to enable "Enable C99
Floating-point environment" (uclibc-menuconfig)?

Thanks