[Buildroot] External Toolchain in latest stable buildroot

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Sep 11 07:14:15 UTC 2009

Hello Teemu,

Le Fri, 11 Sep 2009 08:48:25 +0200,
"Teemu Keskinarkaus" <Teemu.Keskinarkaus at cc-systems.com> a écrit :

> Now when I configure external toolchain in use and execute make -
> command I get result 'Incorret selection of the C library'. Toolchain
> is EABI and uses glibc. I have tried both uClibc and glibc - settings
> from the buildroot setup, but still get the same error.  (Of course
> that's valid for uClibc).

Which external toolchain are you using ?

What does the following command returns ?

 LANG=C $(TARGET_CC) -v

If you see a --with-sysroot thing in the result, could you look in this
directory, and then in /lib/ to see if there is any ld-linux.* file ?

> With older buildroot there were no such problems and I was able to
> start using external toolchain with little troubles. (Although later
> on I ran in to some other problems and that's why I upgraded the
> buildroot).

We added more checks to make sure that the configuration of Buildroot
matches the configuration of the external toolchains. But there's such
a variety of external toolchains that these checks might need some
fixes.

Sincerly,

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.