[Buildroot] External Toolchain in latest stable buildroot

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Sep 11 17:29:28 UTC 2009

Hi Hartley,

Le Fri, 11 Sep 2009 13:10:33 -0400,
"H Hartley Sweeten" <hartleys at visionengravers.com> a écrit :

> The Sourcery G++ Lite 2009q1-203 toolchain is a multilib sysroot
> toolchain. I had similar problems trying to get it to work for an
> EP93XX processor.
>
> I think the AT91 processor is an ARM920T so you need to pass
> -march=armv4t to the toolchain to in order for it to compile the code
> correctly.  This is the same option I need for the EP93XX.
>
> I spent the last three weeks trying to get this toolchain to work
> correctly. I finally got "way" over my head and built my own
> toolchain with crosstool-ng. Personally I would prefer to use a
> prebuilt external toolchain but at least everything works now.

Just a note to let you know that even though I didn't had the time the
past weeks to work on this, supporting Codesourcery toolchains in
Buildroot is definitely on my TODO-list. So, sorry if it wasn't ready
for your project, but it's for sure something I'd like to see supported
in Buildroot.

Thanks for all your investigations. When I'll have a little more time,
they will be very precious to give an idea where to start.

Sincerly,

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.