[Buildroot] Buildroot 2009.08 fails to build working rootfs

Teemu Keskinarkaus Teemu.Keskinarkaus at cc-systems.com
Mon Sep 21 09:04:52 UTC 2009

Found a reason why my rootfs wasn't working. The libraries were missing!

And now the cause. It seems that if I remove the
project_build_arm/projectname/root and
project_build_arm/projectname/.root and make the buildroot, the
buildroot won't copy the libraries to new root anymore. If I remove the
build_arm- directory too and let the buildroot compile more stuff the
root will be more complete although then there will be way too much
stuff. More than what is said in .config - file in buildroot
root-directory. Maybe that's because removing that build_arm - directory
like that.

It seems for me like buildroot bug, since the old buildroot generated
root always right after it was removed.

Teemu Keskinarkaus