[Buildroot] [pull request] Buildroot cleanup, v2

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Sep 22 23:13:24 UTC 2009

Le Tue, 22 Sep 2009 18:56:32 -0400,
"H Hartley Sweeten" <hartleys at visionengravers.com> a écrit :

> One thing I did notice.
>
> You default BR2_DL_DIR to $(BASE_DIR)/dl a better default might be
> $(TOPDIR)/dl.  This would make the default work for multiple
> make O=<directory> without having to create the <directory>/dl symlink
> or export BUILDROOT_DL_DIR.

True. It always bothered me as well. Care to prepare a patch and submit
it ?

> > That's definitely on my TODO-list. But don't hesitate to step-up
> > with a patch, since I'm very busy these days and don't know when
> > I'll be able to work on this again (next week ?).
>
> I'll just wait for you to reach it on your TODO-list ;-)

Ooh, come on :-)

> Having a common package removal would be great!  Removing a single
> package from the filesystem can be a real pain...

It is basically unsupported these days. Some packages work more or
less, but on overall it just doesn't work.

> zlib.mk isn't even the worse one.  That one at least looks like it
> could be converted to the a Makefile.autotools.in target.  Some of the
> older *.mk files are a real mess...

Yes, they are. They are part of the work, but it will take quite some
time to implement the infrastructure and then convert the packages.

Cheers,

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.