[Buildroot] Problems with i686_defconfig

Will Wagner will_wagner at carallon.com
Wed Apr 14 10:33:38 UTC 2010

Hello,

Using latest from git I am trying to build i686_defconfig but I am
having problems.

The first annoyance is that the defconfig is so old that you have go
through selecting the defaults for all the new config options.
Presumably we should update the defconfigs so they contain all the
default options already set? If so I'm happy to look at a patch.

If I select all the defaults I end up with kernel headers 2.6.33.2,
uClibc 0.9.31, binutils 2.20.1, gcc 4.4.3 and linux 2.6.33.2

You then get the same problems again with uClibc config and linux
config, both ask about config options, should we be updating our
defaults so this step is not necessary?

Finally the build fails in either gdbserver (if selected) or busybox,
complaining the symbol usleep is undefined. Anyone seen this before? Is
it some config problem with uClibc 0.9.31?