[Buildroot] Question about external toolchain configuration "options"

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Apr 14 15:01:47 UTC 2010

 Thomas> I think I'll use some hidden options like :

 Thomas> config BR2_TOOLCHAIN_HAS_IPV6
 Thomas> 	bool

 Thomas> All the packages should depend o n BR2_TOOLCHAIN_HAS_* options. And
 Thomas> then, internal toolchains configuration would do something like:

 Thomas> config BR2_BUILDROOT_TOOLCHAIN_ENABLE_IPV6
 Thomas> 	bool "Enable IPv6 support"
 Thomas> 	select BR2_TOOLCHAIN_HAS_IPV6

 Thomas> while external toolchain configuration would do something like:

 Thomas> config BR2_EXTERNAL_TOOLCHAIN_HAS_IPV6
 Thomas> 	bool "Toolchain has IPv6"
 Thomas> 	select BR2_TOOLCHAIN_HAS_IPV6

 Thomas> What do you think of this ?

That was my thought as well. Maybe reuse the existing symbols to limit
package churn.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard