[Buildroot] There are not device files in dev/ when I extract tarball image as root. bug?

徐开 greatsnows at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 01:20:12 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am trying to boot my board over NFS, but show some stuff like "not found
/dev/ttySAC0".

I found this words on buildroot's website:

target/ which contains *almost* the root filesystem for the target:
everything needed is present except the device files in /dev/ (Buildroot
can't create them because Buildroot doesn't run as root and does not want to
run as root). Therefore, this directory *should not be used on your target*.
Instead, you should use one of the images built in the images/ directory. If
you need an extracted image of the root filesystem for booting over NFS,
then use the tarball image generated in images/ and extract it as root.

And I followed it, but I did not get device files except this:

$ ls /tftpboot/rootfs/dev/ -l
总用量 1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   10 2010-04-17 00:02 log -> ../tmp/log
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 1024 2010-04-17 00:02 pts

Does it must mknod manually?

--
Aaron Xu