[Buildroot] Anyone working on install-able packages (ipkg)

Paulius Zaleckas paulius.zaleckas at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 14:06:19 UTC 2010

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 3:30 AM, Thomas Petazzoni
> On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 16:45:04 +0200
> Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com> wrote:
>
> Paulius, do you have an idea on how you'd like to handle ipkg
> generation ? I have questions like :
>
>  * How do you handle dependencies ? As of today, the dependencies in
>   Buildroot are expressed in terms of *source* dependencies, not
>   *binary* dependencies.

Yes, that is problem... but source dependencies are quite close to binary ones.
Bigger problem is host dependencies and here we may need to split dependencies.

>  * What do you put in the package ? The files usually installed in
>   $(TARGET_DIR) ? How do we modify the package infrastructure so that
>   the package installs its files to another location ?

Yes, files usually installed into TARGET_DIR would be installed into some temp
dir and then packaged with ipkg. I have no idea how to modify
infrastructure yet.