[Buildroot] Still can't build working rootfswith crosstool-NGtoolchain

Microbit_P43000 microbit at virginbroadband.com.au
Wed Apr 21 16:07:10 UTC 2010

Thanks Grant,

That puts my soul at rest a bit... &:). Wish I posted this many months ago, oh well...
I have a copy of the 'dl' dir, re-extract BR, re-copy the dl directory contents and
re-import
my configs for everything and make.
At one stage the whole cycle took ~ 1 hour 15 mins. Common sense had to prevail I guess -
it's just a lot faster than chasing ghosts - it seems that your experience matches the
observations I made.

Being unfamiliar with BR as I was, naturally one always doubts themselves first.
I really wanted to know wtf exactly was going on. Never have, never will - I guess.

Shame, although I really like buildroot, it is/was extremely irritating.
(It used to be much worse for me when I started, then BR still supported "multiple
projects", that I just
_never_ got a handle on. Things would go ape frequently, a rebuild of one project would
- guess what - ...trigger a "complete rebuild" of the internal toolchain after making a
subsequent small change in the other project - It seems it was a good idea to do away with
that, blah)

But I learned heaps in the process. So something constructive after all - BR2 still is my
favourite so far. I like its flexibility !!

Best Regards,
Kris