[Buildroot] Still can't buildworkingrootfswith crosstool-NGtoolchain

Microbit_P43000 microbit at virginbroadband.com.au
Wed Apr 21 22:06:08 UTC 2010

Hi Grant,

That sounds great. Unless there's a pretty-close config for Olimex SAM9-L9260. But the
Atmel 9260EK is already as good as compatible. Small differences like CS1 vs. CS0 for
DataFlash
is taken care of in my own board file anyway.

The OABI drama, I recall that all right. The Olimex board was turnkey, but when I tried
basic user space code, 'twas always nasty page faults etc.
Then I realised that I needed to recompile the kernel to run EABI, that's what (the
included) codesourcery tool produced anyway.

I recall I looked at crosstools-NG, and it seemed a bit overwhelming at the start for
newbie like me.
If you have some sort of a kickstart config, it'd certainly be well appreciated. I still
need to learn, but at times it's like it's pushing the proverbial ** up hill :-)

** Peter : Interesting that the internal tool + packages builds that quick for you.
Perhaps I should underscore that I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 w/ kernel fixes. It's also a distro
x86 install. Perhaps a lot of my 3 GHz P4 CPU is being blown there, dunno.

Note : I can't readily try it ftm, I'm doing code w/ CrossWorks ARM for SAM7 under XP.
It's also painful that I couldn't find a way to get Ubuntu 9.10 to install as EXT3, rather
than EXT4. I like using Colinux if need really arises, but Colinux has no clue about EXT4
(yet, dunno ?)
I boot off a completely separate HDD for Linux. Eventually I'll upgrade, but that machine
still stands up really well when it runs XP.

Best regards,
Kris