[Buildroot] kernel header patches

Patrick Ziegler patrick.ziegler at fh-kl.de
Mon Aug 2 08:01:33 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm working on different boards support to match our requirements.
Therefore I need to apply some patches to the kernel headers as well as
the kernel sources itself. Especially for header patches related to a
specific device I'm not sure how to enable them in the configuration.

In the Atmel device directory the variable KERNEL_HEADERS_PATCH_DIR will
be used to define a directory including some patches. But the 'ifeq'
check fails in 'kernel-headers-new.makefile'. In the previous version
(2010.05) it was possible to replace this check by a check on the shell.
But this will also fail with the new version (2010.08-rc1).

Is there an official way to apply patches to the kernel headers and
kernel sources depending on the board ?

Best regards

Patrick

--